Rit Liquid Dye in Tan.
Dying fabric for upcoming dolls for boss lady. 🙂
Ahhhh after so much frustration in planning, drawing, tracing, cutting, sewing, flipping and stuffing over and over again I think I’ve finally made a doll design in which I am happy with. I’ve spent the last two days working on two dolls from the design and I’m happy to say they are almost done. Once I get them done, I’ll need to get some glamorous pictures of them to share! Only thing is that this upcoming week is going to be a tight schedule and I will probably not be able to finish them until end of March. So instead I want to share my “bodies of failures” I’ve talked about before. These are all the dolls I’ve made on my journey so far. I didn’t realize I had made this many! I know some look pretty horrid! Sorry. 😡
See if you can spot the one with a burnt face. I talked about her in a previous blog too. Lol. Have a good day.
So many things I’m trying to do! I want to sew, crochet, illustrate and do other things all at once. It’s crazy! ^o^ That’s probably the reason why I haven’t completed any projects lately. Hmmm…. 🙂 Well it’s getting late and I just wanted to write about some things on my mind.
It’s September and I’ve been brainstorming Caydi’s next project. I already know what I want to do and can’t wait to share it! I will have it ready probably late next week. As for Cubli, I’m hoping to plan out his body towards the end of the month. Yep…I need to give him a body! He can’t be body less forever! ^^
I’ve been looking for a dress form double for the past few months and last week I went on Amazon and found a pretty reasonably priced one with good ratings. I bought it and received it the other day, I’m very happy with it. It’s my first one ever and so I don’t really know what’s great and what’s not but I’m happy with my purchase. I’m very excited about it and will be attempting to make some Hmong inspired clothing again that I’ve had on my mind for a long time now. Wish me luck because I know nothing about sewing clothing!!!
That’s it for now, good night WordPressers!
In the process of planning an adoption for Caydi.
I’ve been a little distracted from my pillows lately due to experimenting with another sewing project. I recently purchased a beautiful top and skirt from Xweets and they are gorgeous. Check her Etsy and blog out!
Anyway after purchasing the two items it definitely inspired me to retry making “that skirt” I had started about a year ago. I don’t understand how a skirt can be so hard to make but hopefully I can accomplish it and have more to share in the next few months….?
I’ve been working on a simple pillow design for awhile now and finally decided to give it a go tonight. The pillow is based off of a common design found on Hmong clothing, swirls. On Hmong clothing, the swirls are usually cross stitched and then sewn onto fabric. For this project I decided to appliqué swirls with satin and charmeuse. Here’s a sneak peak until I can finalize this pillow better. 🙂 Hope you like the rough draft!
A few years ago my husband and I created a small pixel artwork together for one of his class assignments and I tore the closet down today trying to look for it. Unfortunately I had no luck finding it. The piece was very simple but it showed our teamwork just like pixels working together to form a whole image.
The reason why I’m writing about this artwork is because I want to recreate a pillow similar to it. Wish me luck and I hope to have updates in the next two weeks. 🙂